Re: How do I store big pictures in oracle

From: WWW Admin <wwwadm_at_foursome.hinet.net>
Date: 1996/05/24

I wrote c program to insert/retrieve media data(raw data, image...) using pro*c. Because I am not Form user, and I need a gateway program between web server and oracle.
Althought Oracle DB can support long raw data up to 2GB, but I found it is slow when data size is around several mega bytes. My machine is SGI Indy R4600 64MB. My experience, 10MB raw data will cost me addition 1 min to retrieve (it's not network delay, I can sure this).
So, I think that's why oracle made the video server to store digital video data.

You can come http://foursome.hinet.net/lee.html to see a test page and give me your comments.

mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu:

--
WWW Admin