Re: How do I store big pictures in oracle

From: Bob Stewart <bob_at_latcost1.alaao.ats.eds.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

WWW Admin (wwwadm_at_foursome.hinet.net) wrote:
: I wrote c program to insert/retrieve media data(raw data, image...) using pro*c.
: Because I am not Form user, and I need a gateway program between web server and
: oracle.
: Althought Oracle DB can support long raw data up to 2GB, but I found it is slow
: when data size is around several mega bytes. My machine is SGI Indy R4600 64MB.
: My experience, 10MB raw data will cost me addition 1 min to retrieve
: (it's not network delay, I can sure this).
: So, I think that's why oracle made the video server to store digital video data.

In other words, yes it can be done, but as Cleopatra said to Marc Anthony, "You won't like me this way!".

Good luck.

--
Bob Stewart                     ASE
(310) 335-7152                  Air Transportation Division

I am definitely NOT speaking for EDS.