Re: SQLNet with Win95

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

At various times I have successfully used SQL*Net v1.1.7, v2.0, and v2.1 under Win95. It's
all to do with getting the right combination of dll's. Right now I have both 2.0 and 2.1
on my machine and all I need to do to switch between them is to change my path
and implement the oracle.ini file for the target version.

HTH
Jim G.

>==========Robert Cook, 5/22/96==========
>
>d-guttman_at_ti.com (David S. Guttman) wrote:
>
>>On a PC client running MS Win for Workgroups 3.11, I use MS
 Access 2.0 and SQLNet 2.0
>>over MS TCP/IP to attach tables on an Oracle 7.0 database
 running on a Sun
>>workstation. Recently, I upgraded the client to Win 95.
>>
>>1. Does SQLNet Ver. 2.0 for TCP/IP work well with Win95? With
 MS Access 7.0 for Win95?
>>2. Is a Win95 version of SQLNet available?
>>
>>David Guttman, Dallas, TX
>
>You need to run sqlnet 2.2 to run with win95.
>
>hope this helps.
>
>Bob Cook
>rcook1_at_xnet.com

Opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my company or clients. Received on Fri May 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message