Re: Q: Anyone heard of "SHIVA" telecomm software?

From: Larry Flippo <lpf1_at_ahs.aberdeen.k12.ms.us>
Date: 1996/05/24

I recently installed a SHIVA NetRover/E modem server at our site... It has 8 high-speed serial ports that we have hung 8xUSR 28.8 Modems... It also has a 10BaseT, 10Base2, and AUI Ethernet connection.

I was very impressed with the ease-of-setup and configuration. It also seems to have good security (forced call-back, user lists, etc..) It also supports SNMP, which fits in with our network management platform nicely...

I made a PPP connection using Win95's Dial-up Networking with no problems and could see our TCP/IP, Netware, and WFW networks.

Hope this helps!