Re: RFD to split comp.databases.oracle <----------------------

From: Mark <nwa_at_protocom.com>
Date: 1996/05/18

In article <4ngo80$rk1_at_wormer.fn.net> keystrk_at_feist.com (Jack L. Swayze Sr.) wrote:

> stevec5088_at_aol.com (Stevec5088) wrote:
>

>>Hello, all,

>>I have put together, with the help of SV Singam, an RFD (Request for
>>Discussion) to rename comp.databases.oracle to
>>comp.databases.oracle.misc, and to create three new groups:
>>comp.databases.oracle.admin, comp.databases.oracle.tools, and

I have to say, I am in disagreement with splitting the newsgroup. In my experience I have learned many things from dba's and they have learned a few things from myself. Looking at the newgroup daily is one of way of keeping up with what is going on in other areas of Oracle.

I have also noticed that my specialty Oracle Call Interface got short shrift along with Pro C. I guess we will be in the misc group. Also, what happens with Oracle Web Server questions and related web development questions. This could be a rapid growth area if Oracle is able to make inroads in this market.

That which does not kill us only serves to make us stronger, or something like that. Received on Sat May 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message