Re: Workgroup vs. Enterprise on NT: A Difference?

From: david n. skonieczny <dskez_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/05/11

It maybe obvious, but are using the exact same init.ora parameters? This is the heart of performance of any ORACLE database.

dave

In article <ADAD9178966817A8C_at_fjp.his.com>, fjp_at_his.com says...
-
-We've been running both Oracle 7.1 Workgroup and Oracle 7.1 Enterprise
-(sorry, no rev numbers available at this posting) on identical Compaq
-Proliant machines, both running Windows NT-AS 3.5.1 and have noticed a
-substantial difference in performance between the two. Oracle has stated
-that there should be no appreciable difference, since the two products use
-the same kernel (I agree). So what's causing the difference?
-
-We've loaded identical databases, identical apps (we're a software
-developer), and have verified the components in each machine. To Oracle's
-credit, they state that a difference "may be caused" by variances in the
-release versions, but really -- twice the speed delta between identical
-processes? I don't think so.
-
-Any ideas?