Re: Oracle7 32-bit Odbc driver for Visual Basic 4.0

From: Vincent Wouters <v.wouters_at_fd.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/05/10

David Sivick wrote:

> Has anyone had any success using the oracle7
> 32-bit driver(SQ032_72.DLL) with Visual Basic
> 4.0?
> I have no problem getting to work with Access but
> VB is not playing well with others.
> The error message I get is:
> Run-time error 40002:
>
> S1C00:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver not capable
> If someone can help me ASAP here, I will name my first born
> after them. If I can't figure it out I have to go out and
> by the ODBC drivers from INTERSOLV. We know it works.

I think you use the Remote Data Object in Visual Basic. RDO gives problems with the Oracle ODBC 32bits driver. I think this drivers is not capable off handling these (in)direct API calls. By the way: Data Access Objects in VB with this driver works fine.

Vincent Wouters... Received on Fri May 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message