Re: Need information about V$MTS data dictionary view

From: <U19822_at_uicvm.uic.edu>
Date: 1996/04/23

             "Brian M. Biggs" <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>

> In doing some database tuning for a customer, we are concerned that the MTS ma
> a bottleneck. We were examining the V$MTS data dictionary view, and were
> wondering what information the view contains. The last 3 columns are easy eno
> to understand, but where does the first column come from? It seems to be the
> on all systems, and it never changes; it's always 56. Does anyone know what t
> value is, and what INIT.ORA parameters determine it's value? Is it a dynamic
> value that we've just never pushed to change yet?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brian

     The first column is the max number of shared sessions(connections)  which one shared server can serve at the same time.

     I don't kwon how to change this value, because unless you have large  number of inactive sessions. There will be some session slowing down a  lot before the max number is reached. Received on Tue Apr 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message