Need information about V$MTS data dictionary view

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1996/04/23

In doing some database tuning for a customer, we are concerned that the MTS may be a bottleneck. We were examining the V$MTS data dictionary view, and were wondering what information the view contains. The last 3 columns are easy enough to understand, but where does the first column come from? It seems to be the same on all systems, and it never changes; it's always 56. Does anyone know what this value is, and what INIT.ORA parameters determine it's value? Is it a dynamic value that we've just never pushed to change yet?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

SQL> desc v$mts
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS                      NUMBER
 SERVERS_STARTED                          NUMBER
 SERVERS_TERMINATED                       NUMBER
 SERVERS_HIGHWATER                        NUMBER

SQL> select * from v$mts;

MAXIMUM_CONNECTIONS SERVERS_STARTED SERVERS_TERMINATED SERVERS_HIGHWATER

                 56               1                  1                 2

--
Brian M. Biggs                             mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.                       voice: (513) 677-7661

Original text of this message