32bit vs 64bit ?

From: Paolo Bertiglia <pbertigl_at_io.com>
Date: 1996/04/19

Digital's brochure about their XAP servers and the 64 bit OpenVMS claim an houndredfold advantage for a database (Rdb & Oracle) that use a 64 bit Very Large Memory model over the same but only 32 bit software.

I understand that you have a much larger address space in 64 bit but how this can be translated in a so big performance advantage?

Thanks in advance for every answer.

| Paolo Bertiglia: Scout, Oracle DBA, Mac | Communism and | Official |
| owner, Eudora fan, rpg and independent | capitalism are | Kibitzer |
| comics and SF collector, wannabe writer, | two faces of the | for |
| designer, more hairy, father, smarter, | same coin in | DIGEST GROUP |
| Tremere, ecc. ;). | someone else | PUBLICATIONS |
| From Italy of course. | wallet. | ;) |