Re: VB connection to Oracle

From: Jason P. Wilcox <Wilcox_Jason_at_90.deere.com>
Date: 1996/04/19

All you should need is SQLNET adn the n the appropriate ODBC drivers. However I might suggest that you test out a product call Oracle Objects For OLE. This gives you much more control and conforms more to the DAO standard of database manipulation. Check out the Oracle website for more information.

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996 16:11:40 +0100, "John (jif) Graham" <jgraham_at_mround.bt.co.uk> wrote:

>What drivers would I need to connect a Visual Basic application to a
>remote Oracle 7 database?
>
>The VB application would be running on a PC LAN using either Novell or
>TCP/IP (or another) and the Oracle DB would be running on UNIX using
>TCP/IP.
>

>If there is an intermediate NT Server box between the two is there some
>sort of SQL proxy server that could be used to route the PC SQL requests
>to UNIX and back?? (I get a bit confused at this point)
>
>Any help on drivers, suppliers, config etc gratefully received.
>

>Thanks,
>John Graham <jgraham_at_mround.bt.co.uk>
>
>Disclaimer : Any opions are may own etc ..

Jason P. Wilcox
Desktop Solutions Manager
4C Solutions Inc
http://www.4CS.com