Re: Object does not exist

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/04/18

In article <3175C15A.1A1_at_icarus.cc.uic.edu>, Hong Zhou <hzhou_at_icarus.cc.uic.edu> writes:
>I export an Access table to Oracle. I can see it in Oracle data
>dictionary, but can not do anything to it. I keep getting
>ORA-00942 , saying table or view does not exist.
>I export serveral other, they all worked fine.
>I even can link it through Access. But in SQL*Plus, I can not do
>anything about it.
>I don't know whta's wrong, and how can I drop it?

Since all tables in ORACLE are written in capitals and tables in Acces are not, you could try SELECT * FROM "[tablename]"

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_tfdl.agro.nl | http://gemini.tfdl.agro.nl:1024/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |