Re: Object does not exist

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1996/04/19

>Hong Zhou wrote:

>> I export an Access table to Oracle. I can see it in Oracle data
>> dictionary, but can not do anything to it. I keep getting
>> ORA-00942 , saying table or view does not exist.
>> I export serveral other, they all worked fine.
>> I even can link it through Access. But in SQL*Plus, I can not do
>> anything about it.
>> I don't know whta's wrong, and how can I drop it?

Most likely the table name is stored in the data dictionary in mixed or lower case because of it's MS Access origins and sql*plus will only recognize upper case by default.

Use the exact case of the table name and enclose it in double quotes to reference it in a statement such as ...

SQL> drop table "Zhou";

regards,
Craig Wall Received on Fri Apr 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message