Re: Help with Oraccle 7 on HP-UX

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/04/09

>Wolfie a.k.a. Joe Greene wrote:
>>
>> Ok..I try again. I would appreciate any response as I am unsure of
>> wether my posts are making it to the group.
>> [...]
>> I cannot get the automated startup and shutdown
>> scripts to function! They run ok, but when they run I get the error
>> "Insufficient Privileges" when it tries to do a 'connect internal'
>> command...thus keeping anything from actually occuring. I tried playing
>> with the Security but I must be doing something wrong.

In order to connect internal, the unix userid must be in the DBA group. If you are running the startup/shutdown scripts as root, either - add the DBA group to root
or
- su to oracle and pass sqldba as the command to execute:   su - oracle -c sqldba <<EOF
  connect internal
  shutdown [immediate | abort]
  EOF Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message