Help with Oraccle 7 on HP-UX

From: Wolfie a.k.a. Joe Greene <jgreene_at_nyx.cs.du.edu>
Date: 1996/04/04

Ok..I try again. I would appreciate any response as I am unsure of wether my posts are making it to the group. I am in charge of keeping an HP-UX system in smooth shape. I know the UNIX end of the deal..Unfortunately I don't know Oracle and the DBA won't let anyone at the docs and has trashed the online docs...such politics....anyway I cannot get the automated startup and shutdown scripts to function! They run ok, but when they run I get the error "Insufficient Privileges" when it tries to do a 'connect internal' command...thus keeping anything from actually occuring. I tried playing with the Security but I must be doing something wrong.

Please help..I don't feel like another war at work between my department and the DBA's department.

--
Joe Greene
jngreene_at_nyx.cs.du.edu