Does a "QBF"-like product exist for Oracle?

From: James J. Murawski <jjm+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 1996/04/06

Folks,

I have 10 years of experience working with Ingres, but only a few months of experience working with Oracle. I was wondering, and you folks who have used Ingres will know what I'm talking about, if there's any tool out there that performs similar functionality as Ingres' QBF tool. It can be host-and-forms based, or clientserver  GUI based - it doesn't matter. I found that QBF is one Ingres tool that I really miss.

For those who have never seen nor heard of QBF, QBF (Query-By-Forms) is an Ingres tool that allows you to dynamically query (select, insert, update, and delete) any single table, by any means. Invoking QBF in tablefield mode on a table would bring up a blank form with columns for all the columns in a table. You could then enter various search criteria in a column, and get results. I used QBF extensively, and any Ingres user most likely would have used QBF extensively. Is there any former Ingres user who has written a similar tool for Oracle? That's one tool I really miss.

Thanks!

Jim Murawski
Advanced Information Systems
Pittsburgh, PA

jmurawski_at_aisystem.com
jjm_at_nb.net Received on Sat Apr 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message