Oracle performance

From: mj <71760.1371_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/04/04

We are running a 7.2 Database on a Sun server 1000e: 256 MB RAM, 2 CPU, 12x2 GB storage and one IO controller card.

I have been trying to optimize tablespace distribution across devices to improve performance, here are the results:

  1. All tables in one TS on one device all indexes in another TS on another device Total TS's 2 Total devices 2 Time taken to complete three way join query: 20 seconds
  2. All tables in separate TS on separate devices and all indexes in separate TS's on separate devices. Total TS's 6 Total Devices 6 Time taken to complete three way join query: 20 seconds

The only common element here is the temporary tablespace which was the same for both and is on one device.

I had hoped to see some big difference in performance here....?

Any ideas would be welcome..
MJ

--
QMICK_at_PIPELINE.COM