Re: Oracle performance

From: Rob Benson <robben_at_theta.co.nz>
Date: 1996/04/05

mj wrote:

> We are running a 7.2 Database on a Sun server 1000e:
> 256 MB RAM, 2 CPU, 12x2 GB storage and one IO controller card.
>

> I had hoped to see some big difference in performance here....?
>
> Any ideas would be welcome..
> MJ
>
> --
> QMICK_at_PIPELINE.COM

MJ

there is more to it than just this. Ideally you would stripe the data accross multiple devices but as you havent got an SSA do a bstat and estat ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlbstat and utlestat) and have a look at the io by tablespace then spread the datafiles around accordingly.

How many users have you got? Hows your hit ratios ? What does the join look like ? Talk to your SE about disks per controller, 12 sounds excessive.

HTH Rob

--
Rob Benson