LARGE backup query

From: John Hobson <jhobson>
Date: 1996/04/02

I have an Oracle database running on an HP 9000 under HP-UX 10.0. Currently, this is reasonably small (~ 1.5 gigabytes), but it is expected to grow to over 60 gigabytes. How do I do backups? The system currently has 3 tape drives attached to it, each with a 4-gig capacity.

If someone has experience with backing up something like this, I would dearly like to know.

Thanks,

John Hobson			| The Mahatma Gandhi was once asked, "Mr Gandhi,
UNIX Support Group		| what do you think of Western Civilization?"
Commonwealth Edison Co.		| He replied, "I think that it would be an
Chicago, IL			| an excellent idea."

jhobson_at_ceco.ceco.com Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message