Re: LARGE backup query

From: Jim Nisbet <niz_at_datatools.com>
Date: 1996/04/10

jhobson (John Hobson) wrote:

> I have an Oracle database running on an HP 9000 under HP-UX 10.0. Currently,
> this is reasonably small (~ 1.5 gigabytes), but it is expected to grow to over
> 60 gigabytes. How do I do backups? The system currently has 3 tape drives
> attached to it, each with a 4-gig capacity.

You may want to take a look at our company's SQL-BackTrack for Oracle product. SQL-BackTrack provides online (hot) as well as cold backup support plus archive log management; it also supports managing export-style backups. The product manages keeping track of the backed up files and intergrates with most back-end storage management vendors in addition to supporting standalone tape drives.

Try out a live demo by TELNET DEMO.DATATOOLS.COM or check out http://www.datatools.com.

/j

--
  Jim Nisbet                            Phone: (415) 842-9107
  DataTools, Inc.                       Fax:   (415) 842-9101