Re: Oracle 7.1 + AS/400

From: Jeff Wiles <jwiles_at_mailbag.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

Kajb_at_personal.eunet.fi (Kaj Bredenberg) wrote:

>We are running Oracle 7.1 Work Group Server under Win NT. We are also
>using an IBM AS/400. My question is if anyone would have exeprience in
>using Oracle with AS/400 data bases ?
>I'd like to develop applications that would use Oracle database on NT
>server and AS/400 databases simultaneously.
>What tools are needed for that kind of purpose ?

>Kaj Bredenberg

We use Rumba Database/400 to copy data from Oracle to As/400 database files. The rumba product is a ODBC driver for the AS/400. If you are on Windows 3.X then client/access will also work as the ODBC driver. In SQL*Plus there is a command to copy from one database to another database. 'Copy From ...' . We use this command to copy directly from an Oracle table to an AS/400 file.

Jeff Wiles Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message