Re: problem: multiple logins to server

From: Paul Power <paul.power_at_rssi.com>
Date: 1996/04/02

 > in oracle7 you may assign an idle-time and a connection-count limit to a
> PROFILE, then assign that profile to selected usernames. if such a user shuts
> off his hardware without logging out, his process will die on idle time; if he
> reboots before idle timeout and logs in again, he will be prevented by the
> connect-count limit.
>
> --

We have the same problem. When our windows developers crash and reboot thier process is still up and running. I had heard that SQL*NET 2.3 would solve this problem for us. Is this true - if so do we have to upgrade the client and the server software ?

Paul Power Received on Tue Apr 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message