char-mode terminal application of developer/2000

From: Tab Liao <giodah_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: 1996/03/24

Hi, every :

Listed below was abtracted from Oracle documents about developer/2000's portability.
"Portability and global deployment are trademarks of Oracle's products,and Developer/2000 is no exception. Build your applications using Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, or Motif, and deploy them in

any of these environments or on character-mode terminals."

Now I have some questions:

  1. How the applications deployed to char-mode terminal ? Where is the developer/2000 process running ? (since it's char-mode terminal , so the process should not be running at the terminal ?) Is there any implies that there is developer/2000 run-time version

    under Unix or other O.S. ?

2. Should we develop application on Ms-windows/Motif/Mac before we

    deploy it to char-mode terminal ?

3. Anywhere we can get further information ?

    Any message /reply will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tab Liao.
giodah_at_ms1.hinet.net
tel: 886-2-7652472-163
fax:886-2-7666562