Re: Oracle installation problem

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/03/25

In article <31532CD9.6769_at_mail.pernet.net>, Douglas G Preston <presto1_at_mail.pernet.net> writes:
>Rajan Chattamvelli wrote:
>>
>> I installed Oracle 6 on my PC. Then when I try to create a database
>> for the first time using the following commands:
>> SQLPME
>> ORACLE6
>> SQLDBA
>> STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE=C:\ORACLE6\DBS\INIT2.ORA
>> CONNECT INTERNAL
>> CREATE DATABASE CLIENT NOARCHIVELOG;
>>
>> I get the following error messages:
>> ORA-01501 Create database failed
>> ORA-01519 Error while processing file '%ORACLE_HOME%\%ORACLE_DBS%\SQL.BSQ'
>> near line 3
>> ORA-00604 Error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>> ORA-01119 Error in creating database file '~~ etc\DBS1.ORA'
>> ORA-09224 sfccf:error creating file
>> OSD-01062 file size mismatch
>>
>> I have enough space on my hard drive for creating the necessary files.
>> The oracle manuals does not give an adequate guidance in this matter.
>> Could some knowledgeable person help me in resolving the errors.
>> rchattam_at_unomaha.edu
>
>Especially check to manual for instructions concerning the assignment of
><ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES>
>
>I have not performed the procedure you describe, but the appearance of:
> %ORACLE_HOME%\%ORACLE_DBS%
>in the error message would make me suspect that you need to set both of
>these environment vars before attempting to create a database.
>
>I'd search the index for ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_DBS to find their usage.

This error looks familiar to me. We had this problem with Oracle versions containing SQL*PME versions below 2.2.14 . With the v2.2.14 the problems did never appear.

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_tfdl.agro.nl | http://gemini.tfdl.agro.nl:1024/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |