Re: HELP: Can't Install Personal ORacle7

From: A little left of plumb <dwyche_at_giant.intranet.com>
Date: 1996/03/21

>In article <4iqgg6$81n_at_zenacomp.zenacomp.com>, jturner@zenacomp.zenacomp.com
>(John Turner) writes:

>> I'm trying to install Personal Oracle7 from the trial CD.
>> I keep getting an error that says 'error comparing versions of
>> SNDEVNTS.DRV'. Then the install dies. The box is running
>> WFW 3.11.
>>
>> I've looked for this file on the WFW box and my NT Workstation box
>> to no avail.
>>
>> Can anyone help? I'm in a time crunch. Is this file somewhere else
>> on the CD? Any help will be appreciated!

assuming you're installing PO7.1 and not PO7.2 (the version for Win95) i think you might have MS Sound System 2.0 installed. The PO7.1 docs state that sndevnts.drv from MS Sound System 2.0 causes stack overflows in PO7. i think i might have read somewhere that oracle has a patch available for sndevnts.drv, but i'm not sure where to get it.

good luck,                  david