Re: HELP: Can't Install Personal ORacle7

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/03/21

In article <4irni0$3ft_at_pipe4.nyc.pipeline.com>, Jeff Shevell <jdshevel_at_nyc.pipeline.com> wrote:
>In article <4iqgg6$81n_at_zenacomp.zenacomp.com>, John Turner writes:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>Please excuse me if this is a frequently asked question. I don't
>>normally read this group since I'm new to Oracle.
>>
>>I'm trying to install Personal Oracle7 from the trial CD.
>>I keep getting an error that says 'error comparing versions of
>>SNDEVNTS.DRV'. Then the install dies. The box is running
>>WFW 3.11.
>>
>>I've looked for this file on the WFW box and my NT Workstation box
>>to no avail.
>>
>>Can anyone help? I'm in a time crunch. Is this file somewhere else
>>on the CD? Any help will be appreciated!
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>- John Turner
>> jturner_at_zenacomp.com
>>
>Not for sure, but I THINK personal oracle needs Win95 ot NT (32 bit OS)
Before PO7.2 for Win95 and PO7.2 for WinNT there was PO7.1 for Win3.1 and it did have a problem with the MS sound driver(SNDEVNTS.DRV). The file should be in \windows or \windows\system. An entry should point to it in WIN.INI or SYSTEM.INI. Maybe the install is detecting some other sounds driver by mistake. Try removing any sound driver and installing. FYI:The sound driver info is in the release note...