Re: DBA position for City of Bryan, TX

From: Jon L. Gardner <jon_at_ci.bryan.tx.us>
Date: 1996/03/20

I appreciate everyone's input regarding the salary, and yes, it is well below the "average" for just about anywhere. In defense, let me point out that the key virtues of this particular position (IMHO) are "low stress" and "small town," two things that 1) money can't buy and 2) larger cities can't offer.

If someone out there wants to get away from the rat race without becoming a hog farmer in Wisconsin or something (not to knock hog farmers or Wisconsin, by any means), then Bryan might be the place for you.

If what you're after is a bigger salary...well, have fun chasing it.

 ;)

Jon

Jon L. Gardner, Network Administrator (jon_at_ci.bryan.tx.us) City of Bryan, Texas <http://www.rtis.com/reg/bryan/> Voice: (409) 821-5724 Fax: (409) 821-5795 *I speak only for myself, not for the City of Bryan* Received on Wed Mar 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message