Re: DBA position for City of Bryan, TX

From: Bob Manieri <bmanieri_at_ford.com>
Date: 1996/03/20

>jon_at_ci.bryan.tx.us (Jon L. Gardner) wrote:
>
>>I hate to bug the newsgroup with this, but we're in need of a
>>DBA...ours left for a more lucrative position in Clearwater several
>>months ago, and we haven't seen any decent applicants in months of
>>looking!
>>environment, reasonable flexibility with work hours, ~$35k or so.
>A DBA for $35K ?? Good Luck !!
>Michael B. Openshaw
>Integrated Medical Networks
>(Opinions expressed are my own)

$35k will get a JUNIOR programmer with Forms 2 or 3. You should be prepared to start offering DOUBLE that for a DBA. Just my humble (grin) opinion.

  Bob Manieri                           email : bmanieri_at_ford.com
  Database Administrator                voice : (610) 584-7085
  Ford Electronics, Lansdale, PA        pager : (609) 342-0314
  Business is war....information is the high ground.  - J.Abrahamson
  ...we can deprive the enemy of the high ground.  - J. Buford