Re: CASE tools

From: Yoram zilberberg <elric_dm_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/03/16

In Article<4i4trb$btn_at_denver.denver.ssds.com>, <twh_at_ssds.com> write:
> From: Tom Hillman <twh_at_ssds.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: CASE tools
> Date: 12 Mar 1996 22:28:59 GMT
>

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for information/experience with the following
> CASE tools:
>
> ERwin
> EasyCase
> ORACLE CASE tools
>
> Are ther any others (for Windows PC use) that I should
> look at? I've used ERwin a little and wouldn't mind getting
> it for my own use, but ~$3K for it is a little pricey.
>
> TIA
>
> - tom

Leaving prices aside Designer2000 is the best option from your list since it handles the module generation as well. remember that it is a complex tool so training is well in order (it is not plug a play tool).
 If you want a simple yet powerful tool ErWin is a good tool. from your list it would be my second choise.

if your looking for other case tools (which, I don't think you should) look for:
 S_Designer - good for power builder apllications  Silver run - another mostly ERD tool

again, with the right training and the needed time spent Designer*2000 is the best tool for REAL case using (i.e. as a tool for anayisis, not as a word proccessor)

good luck to you

                      Yoram Z.