Re: CASE tools

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/03/13

Tom Hillman <twh_at_ssds.com> wrote:

>Hello,

> I am looking for information/experience with the following
>CASE tools:

> ERwin
> EasyCase
> ORACLE CASE tools

> Are ther any others (for Windows PC use) that I should
>look at? I've used ERwin a little and wouldn't mind getting
>it for my own use, but ~$3K for it is a little pricey.

>TIA

>- tom

Popkin's System Architect is a pretty good documentation and DDL generating tool for around $2K. In the past, I found it extremely easy to use.

However, the only FULL CASE toolset you mentioned was Oracle CASE (Designer/2000). While pretty specific to Oracle, this is a vastly more full featured product than the others. If you are serious about CASE generating anything but documentation, pay the extra price for Designer/2000. Be sure to figure in enough to cover adequate training; even with my Master's in Analysis & Design, two weeks of training has shorten the training curve for the toolset by 3-4 months.. Michael B. Openshaw
Integrated Medical Networks
(Opinions expressed are my own) Received on Wed Mar 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message