Re: End User Reporting Tool

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/03/02

"David M. Taulbee" <dtaulbee_at_po.michsb.trw.com> wrote:

>candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Candy Robinson) wrote:
>>Anyone know of a good end user reporting tool for Oracle? What I need is a
>>utility to give non-computer professionals for generating their own
>>reports. Recommendations much appreciated! --Candy
>>

>>--
>>Sandra (Candy) Robinson Boeing Defense & Space -- Irving Co.
>>candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com P.O. Box 152707, MS TR-58
>>(214) 659-2558 Irving, TX 75015-2707
>>-------

>My preferred is SQR ReportMate by MITI, phone: (310) 424-4399. You will
>probably have to help the users get familiar with the database and
>organizing there queries. But once they have done a few, it will become
>easier for them.

>DMT
A number of recent in-depth reviews of end-user reporting tools all seem to say the same thing; Impromptu from Gognos is one of the best. It has has extensive administration control that, while taking some time to set up, will keep your end users out of a lot of trouble.

If database protection is not a concern, then Crystal Reports Professional is another possibility. It's fast and flexible, but doesn't protect as well against runaway SQL. Michael B. Openshaw
Integrated Medical Networks
(Opinions expressed are my own) Received on Sat Mar 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message