Re: Reporting tools for Oracle...Help!!!

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/03/01

cc002503_at_interramp.com (Robert G. Grindrod) wrote:

>While my new-to-Oracle software developer comes up to speed on Oracle
>Reports, I am wondering if there are any other reporting tools out
>there that may be easier to use in the interim?

>R&R ?

>Thanks in advance.

>Jeff

My recommendation would be for a quick development reporting tool would be Crystal Reports, Version 4.5. This is the report writer included in several toolsets, including Visual Basic. Coming up to speed on it takes little time and I have produced as many as 34 new reports with it in a single week. It has a royalty free runtime for distribution, allows user-input variables, has extensive exporting and graphing capabilities, and a vast array of built-in functions. It is produced by Crystal Services, a Vancouver-based Seagate company.

For end-user reporting with top-notch security and administration capabilities, I would suggest Impormptu by Cognoa, however. While I have not yet gotten a chance to work with it, all recent reviews put it at the top.
Michael B. Openshaw
Integrated Medical Networks Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message