Re: Memory allocation Oracle/HP-UX 9.05

From: Anthony Alves <vrc_at_deltanet.com>
Date: 1996/03/01

Peter Fimmers wrote:

> Re: Memory allocation Oracle/HP-UX 9.05
>
> Hi there,
>
> we have a G70 with 192 mb main memory and have severe problems with an
> oracle database (SGA about 10 megs). A performance analyzing tool (glance
> and perfrx) reports that there are high ipc activities. HP said that it
> is oracle and oracle said that it is HP. Do anyone have similiar problems
> with oracle and hpux 9.04?
>
> Greetings,
> PeterI am currently designing the hardware for a HP-UX machine to be running
ORACLE 7. Oracle reps recommend HP-UX 10.x. HP has confirmed this for me.

I hope a 10.x release is not a problem for your system. I also plan to run a developer server on an HP D-series. Does anyone know of shortcomings on this type of a system. Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message