Re: Power Objects: How can I get the default column value = previous row/column value?

From: Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

In article <31309042.7D65_at_violet.berkeley.edu>, Hagen Finley <hagen_at_violet.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I am developing a small application in which it would be handy
> for the value of a column to repeat the value of the same column in the
> row immeadiately preceeding it. Sequencing doen't allow a zero
> incrementation, so that doesn't seem to be the answer. I would imagine
> there is some way to indicate the value of the current row and subtract
> one from that value - but I am hoping someone on the list has a simple
> solution. Thanks!

I guess you will have to use recordsets to do this. You can probably do it in the insertrow() method of the repeater (I assume you're talking about a repeater here) or the postinsert() method of the column object itself. Here's a guess at the former. I have not tested this. It might need to be in postinsert(). You might also look into saving the value in a user defined variable somewhere and grabbing it during insertrow. Let me know if this helps or not.

repeater.insertrow(rownum)

inherited.insertrow ( rownum )
r = self.getrecordset
IF rownum > 1 THEN
  r.setcurrow ( rownum - 1 )
  theval = r.getcolval ( "colname" )
  r.setcurrow ( rownum )
  r.setcolval ( "colname", theval )
END IF

Michael Kranzdorf                                    mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust       http://www.krt.com         610.941.9292