Re: Help : Can't save Chinese in Client/Server Oracle DB

From: Inoue Katsumi <kinoue_at_st.rim.or.jp>
Date: 1996/02/26

Hi,

In article <4gjndm$73h_at_fountain.mindlink.net>, David g <david_ng_at_mindlink.bc.ca> wrote:
>My company is trying to develop multi-byte language application with
>Oracle as the Database Server. I try using Developer2000 to save
>Chinese in the database server, data were corrupted.
>However, if I use the local database, Personal Oracle, data were
>stored properly.

Check out whether database is created in a right way by connecting to it via SQL*DBA or SQL*Plus and issuing the following SQL command.

select userenv('language') from dual;

You should get (whatever).ZH[ST][13]*

regular expression part depends on what encoding you're using(Big5,GB...) If you get wrong output, you should recreate the database. Or fix the database by issuing one SQL command which I'm not sure Oracle supports officially.

Regards,
INOUE, Katsumi kinoue_at_jp.oracle.com

--
Words suck.	-Beavis