Re: Does anyone actually use Discoverer 2000 (Dataquery)?

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/02/18

Mark Citron <mark_at_usc.edu> wrote:

>This seems to be a product that had the right idea (matrix reports for
>example) but the implementation was so poor that it has been impossible
>for us to use it in a production enviornment. This product should
>never have been released. You are guaranteed a GPF in every session.
>Anything but the simplest reports with the most basic test data seems to
>be impossible. After hours on the phone with support (with no solutions
>except to simplify our queries) we have about given up on it.

I agree - putting Discoverer/2000 under f45 runtime was a BIG mistake - the application is a joke - it looks terrible and I had an unhandled exception the first time I ran it. We would get shot if we released forms which were so flaky.

Try the older versions.

Robert Jones email: rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk SagaNet - Unofficial Saga Web Site
http://www.ftech.co.uk/~dryland/sagahome.html Received on Sun Feb 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message