Marketability???

From: Jeffery D. Thomas <jdthomas_at_erinet.com>
Date: 1996/02/14

I've been working for the Guv'mint for 15 years, and am giving serious though to leaving and getting back into private industry. I have about 8/9 years of relational database experience, mostly Unify and Oracle. The past 2/3 years I have been developing advanced backend PL/SQL code for client/server apps, handling some light DBA chores, and writing front-end code in Access Basic.

I also have a Masters in Computer Science and a bachelor's in Accounting.

My question: are my Oracle skills currently marketable?

Now, that may sound like a stupid question, but like a lot of government employees, I do not really have an idea of what the job market is like. I have been told by some contractors employees that I should get out because competent Oracle developers are in short supply.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

     Jeff T.

+  Jeff Thomas   jdthomas_at_erinet.com            +
+                thomasjd_at_email.wpafb.af.mil    +