Re: Oracle on HPUX 10

From: William <whuang_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/02/14

Solvay Duphar B.V. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning an upgrade to HPUX 10 and ORACLE 7. Are there any problems
> that I can see forward to. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bert Haverkort

I am in the same boat.

I've contacted Oracle and have been told that Oracle 7.x is not yet 'certified' for HP-UX 10.x. I've also heard that the beta release for HP-UX 10.x is not yet available either. . .

If you are migrating from an existing HP-UX 9.x Oracle 7.1 application (like me), I would suggest that you become familiar with the new HP-UX directory structure. HP has quite a bit of information available. Go to http://support.mayfield.hp.com/ and check out their electronic resources.

I will be making the following migration in the next week:

HP9000 G60 (1 CPU)
128 MB RAM
HP-UX 9.0.4
Oracle 7.1 (.4.0.16?)

HP9000 K200 (2 CPUs)
384 MB RAM
HP-UX 10.01
Oracle 7.2 (?)

I'll post any problems I run into. . .

-William Huang / mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Feb 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message