Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: Willy Berghorn <willy_at_mathematik.uni-Bremen.de>
Date: 1996/02/12

Nikolay Dichev (cdsipbs_at_the-hermes.net) wrote:
: snip here

: There is another point to be made here. When we are looking for new people
: the most important thing is - can they stay on the top and continue
: learning as the business changes. Everybody can take a few classes and
: become a wiz in one product. But tomorrow this product will change or will
: be gone forever. And then the real question is how trainable are your
: people. Going through a university prepares you for things like this and
: assures the employer (with some probability) that you can evolve as the
: business evolves.

Exactly ! And what's about the EQ (in contrast to the IQ) ? Will someone be more valueable if he is able to work in a team ? Some questions will only be solved in a (so called) "team spirit" ! So a new question arises, how can one measure the "value" of a person ? And I mean, what is more desirable, a person that hides himself in a dark room ( although he is genious ) or a person that will have full communication to other team-members ?

Willy Berghorn (CeVis)
e-mail   : willy_at_mathematik.uni-bremen.de
homepage : http://www.cevis.uni-bremen.de/~willy/