RE: Structured Forms45/Reports25 Design + Testing?

From: Ellen Mattingly <mematt_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/02/04

Chris, if you don't have the very latest version of Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5, then call Oracle to get the updates. Both Forms 4.5 and Reports now have some great 'Cues' and even, if you have a sound card installed, a pleasant voice that actually helps in understanding some fairly obscure concepts. Frankly, I have developed reports in a number of popular report development tools and had until now decided that Oracle Reports 2.5 was incomprehensible - well, it still is strange, in my opinion, but the tips and tutorials have allowed me to develop some reports rather quickly. There is also a good introductory book by Edelstein (he hangs out here so may well be able to give you more info - unfortunately my copy is at the office. If you check in either the User Group BookStore or in the Oracle web page, I think the book is listed. Learning Forms 4.5 is well worth the somewhat steep learning curve - it is a product that keeps improving with each release - and there is a rumor that Forms 5.0 will show substantial improvement. Received on Sun Feb 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message