SQL Loader: Comma delimited field skipping

From: John L Dunn <misioror_at_gas.uug.arizona.edu>
Date: 1996/02/04

I'm new to Oracle. Here's our problem, simplified:

Table A has Columns A1, A2, A3, A4.

My data file that I want to import is comma delimited and has 10 columns in order B1,B4,B9,B2,B10,B3,B5,B6,B7,B8. B1 maps to A1, B2 to A2, etc.

We don't want to import B5--B10. How do we filter out the unwanted columns and still import B1--B4?

I understand that if I reformatted the import file to be fixed length fields I could do this. How can I do this with a CSV file without defining dummy Table A columns or restructuring the import dataset?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA,

John Received on Sun Feb 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message