Re: Forms MESSAGE() built-in

From: Craig <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1996/01/28

Ken Denny wrote:

> [...]

                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^

> >If you want the message to display there and then, then follow it with
> >synchronize;
> >
> >Hey presto
>
> Not for me. I have some trigger code which takes about 8 seconds to
> complete. I put "MESSAGE('Working..', no_acknowledge, synchronize)" at
> the beginning. It's at least 7.9 seconds before I see the "Working..."
> message.

Shouldn't you be putting:

MESSAGE('Working...',no_acknowledge);
synchronize;

If I remember correctly the correct syntax for MESSAGE is

MESSAGE(message_string, user_responcse);

  with message_string enclosed in single quotes, and

       user_response either ACKNOWLEDGE or NO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

Good Luck

--

Craig Harper
IFTN

Thinking is more interesting than knowing,
but less interesting than looking.