Re: Rift between Oracle and IOUG - who benefits?

From: Tom Gillespie <tgillesp_at_ms13.mis.semi.harris.com>
Date: 1996/01/25

Bob King (rking_at_dfw.net) wrote:
: (I've also posted this on the oracle list server)

: I'm a little concerned about the rift that I hear may be going on
: between Oracle and the IOUW. What I gather from Oracle's side is that
: Oracle met every condition set out by the IOUG for a joint IOUG/Oracle
: show and the IOUG still refused. As a result, Oracle is not
: supporting the Dallas show.

..

I'm bummed now. I'm a new ORACLE DBA (Ingres convert) and I was really looking forward to going to the IOUG annual meeting, which I thought was "Oracle World" in December. I called the IOUG and verified that the IOUG meeting is in Dallas in Sept. Oracle is sponsoring Oracle World in San Franciso in December themselves, as Bob said. I'll bet many other new users will think the December show is sponsored by the IOUG.

Anyway, I was thinking about writing a paper ("A Recursive PL/SQL Procedure for Manufacturing Lot Geneology Tracing") for the conference, but now I don't know which conference to sumbit it to. I guess I could submit it to both.

--
 Tom Gillespie                                                 -   -
 Harris Semiconductor                                         | | | |

 E Pluribus UNIX