Re: Rift between Oracle and IOUG - who benefits?

From: Jerry Wolfe <wolfe001_at_mail.genmills.com>
Date: 1996/01/24

In article <4e1hl4$ao5_at_fnord.dfw.net>, rking_at_dfw.net says...

>I'm a little concerned about the rift that I hear may be going on
>between Oracle and the IOUW. What I gather from Oracle's side is that
>Oracle met every condition set out by the IOUG for a joint IOUG/Oracle
>show and the IOUG still refused. As a result, Oracle is not
>supporting the Dallas show.
>
> snip

Can you enlighten us further on what the "rift" is about? I, for one, haven't heard anything about it. I agree that if Oracle isn't involved in the IOUW'96 conference it probably won't be much good. Also, is Oracle going to have a conference of its' own? I hadn't heard about that either. This doesn't sound good to me. Received on Wed Jan 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message