Re: Calling OS-scripts from a PC-client using TCP/IP ?

From: Evgeny Faddeenkov <fancy_at_iceman>
Date: 1996/01/22

T Ojala (tojala_at_cc.jyu.fi) wrote:
: Hello everybody!

: I wonder if anybody could give me some useful information, experience,
: hints etc about calling OS-scripts (VMS-procedures, unix-scripts) from
: a PC-client without any terminal session. I'm especially interested in
: solutions using Microsoft's TCP/IP stack together with Oracle7 on the
You can activate various process from the PL/SQL block's by using Dbms_pipe package. It allows you to transfere some data from one client (i.e. on Microsoft Windows) to another (Your unix-platform). At unix-site You can browse message and activate proper process. Execution results can be send back.
: server side.

: What would be the simpliest way to implement this?
: Anybody using Oracle7's DBMS_PIPE -procedure?
: Is it possible to use r-commands (rexec) with MS TCP/IP + Digital's
: UCX (or Process's TCPware) ?
: Any other useful methods?
: Any useful freeware available?

: I'd appreciate if you would mail answers to me directly (and of
: course to the newsgroup also). Thanks in advance!

: --

: Tane

: http://www.jyu.fi/~tojala/index.html

--
Evgeny N. Faddeenkov	<fancy_at_cnit.nsk.su>	+7-(383-2)-39-78-95 (ph)
		http://www.cnit.nsk.su/~fancy/	+7-(383-2)-35-52-38 (fax)