Hot Standby Database

From: Balkrishna Kute <kute_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/22

Database Gurus,

I am currently working on a Disaster Recovery Database which will be our hot standby in case of a disaster. Our database size is approx. 40G. What is the best way to implement this system? I am considering a procedure that would apply the archived log files to the database which will be essencially in recovery mode. Does anyone have any experience of implementing this? I would be glad to share my experience as well.

Thanks,
Balkrishna Kute

e-mail: v.kute_at_ocf.compuserve.com or kute_at_ix.netcom.com          Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message