Calling OS-scripts from a PC-client using TCP/IP ?

From: T Ojala <tojala_at_cc.jyu.fi>
Date: 1996/01/19

Hello everybody!

I wonder if anybody could give me some useful information, experience, hints etc about calling OS-scripts (VMS-procedures, unix-scripts) from a PC-client without any terminal session. I'm especially interested in solutions using Microsoft's TCP/IP stack together with Oracle7 on the server side.

What would be the simpliest way to implement this? Anybody using Oracle7's DBMS_PIPE -procedure? Is it possible to use r-commands (rexec) with MS TCP/IP + Digital's UCX (or Process's TCPware) ?
Any other useful methods?
Any useful freeware available?

I'd appreciate if you would mail answers to me directly (and of course to the newsgroup also). Thanks in advance!

--

Tane

http://www.jyu.fi/~tojala/index.html