Re: Text truncation in ORACLE REPORTS 2.0

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

Vladimir Filipov wrote:

> When I have build my report in Oracle Reports Designer I
> run the report on the screen and everything works well.
> If I choose to print the report on printer (a simple matrix
> printer) some of the static and dynamic texts will be truncated.
> If I make the fields bigger in the Reports Designer
> everything works well. I have also problem with fields on the same
> row, they will be on different rows on printer.

Make sure to check the report output in the previewer with DESTYPE='Preview' and not 'Screen', since that will format the report with screen fonts. Using Preview will format the report with the printers fonts and will be a better estimation of what the real report will look like when printed.

Rgds,

--
Per Brondum
Senior Manager