Re: Forms 4.5/Reports 2.5-Can't run reports from forms

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/20

Graeme_King_at_strathkelvin.ccmail.compuserve.com wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I know this may be a stab in the dark but I would be very interested
> to hear from anyone who has had the following error when trying to run
> a report from forms...and solved it!
>
> FRM-41211 : SSL Failure running another product
>
> We have 8 PC Clients running under Windows 3.11, 16Mb RAM, 486-DX2s.
> The tools i.e forms and reports (and the application) sit on a Novell
> fileserver. Around half of the clients can run reports the other half
> get the above message. All clients use the same ORACLE.INI file also
> located on the server.
>
> I realise that there may be a number of factors involved which we are
> looking at (resources, search paths, etc) but any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Graeme A.L.King
>
> Information Systems Engineer
> Information Services
> Strathkelvin District Council
> PO Box 4
> Tom Johnston House
> Civic Way
> Kirkintilloch
> Glasgow G66 4TJ
> Scotland
>
> e-mail graeme_king_at_strathkelvin.ccmail.compuserve.com

The top two reasons are:

  1. Reports is not installed correctly (Check is you can run the report manually from the commandline)
  2. When trying to connect to the Database again (reports needs a second connection), we fail for some reason. Could be that you're out of database connections, or that the PC has a limit of outgoing connections.

Rgds,

--
Per Brondum
Senior Manager