Re: Struggling with OCI :-<

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

In article <remi.delcos-1701960804010001_at_remi.brossco.fi>, remi.delcos_at_brossco.fi (Remi Delcos) wrote:

> In article <30FBFEF7.584B_at_bearriver.com>, Allan Hoeltje
> <ahoeltje_at_bearriver.com> wrote:
>
> > I am developing a Macintosh C++ app that uses the Oracle Call
> > Interface to do simple INSERT and SELECT commands.
> >
> > 1) the oermsg() function never returns a text message no matter
> > which version of the error return code I give it.
>
> If you are using CodeWarrior and MPW OCI libraries, your have to bracket
> your OCI includes with pragmas that tell the compiler the functions
> defined should use MPW calling conventions:

Furthermore, my recollection is that oermsg() and oerhms() do not work properly using CodeWarrior and the Oracle6 or Oracle7.0 interfaces. Of course, things like this popping up in an unsupported development environment** shouldn't be unexpected.

Regards,
--Doug
** = CodeWarrior is not supported for the OCI/Pro*C interfaces shipped with Oracle for Macintosh 2.0 or Pro*C 1.5.10 and earlier. Beginning with Personal Oracle7 for Power Macintosh and Pro*C 1.6.4 and later, CodeWarrior is supported.

--
Doug Bitting
Oracle Desktop Products Division